Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Gal Nachshon's Visit to the Moving Image Museum

Although I haven't gone to the museum with class, and since that I'm passionate about filmmaking, I have visited the Moving Image Museum several times prior to the class trip.
My visits to the relatively new establishments were induced as part of my academic program, as well as tourists coming into town, but my favorite without doubt: a 35mm screening of Woody Allen's Manhattan.

The Moving Image Museum is certainly a place each Film Maker should visit during his career. Although I do have some experience with film sets, the world of television and live editing (just one aspect of many) was completely knew to me when I first saw that part of the exhibition and I am grateful for that.

Nevertheless, there were also surprises in store for me in the film exhibitions. The old school cameras that in some hidden passion I wish we were still using today instead of SLRs as well as the real model of the tower from Blade Runner. How crazy is this world of cinema! Everything, from the depth to the sizes, to the narrative, it is all a magic trick that has been invented long ago and before electricity was even thought off.

However, and as I've said, my favorite visit to the museum was one that I took alone at a spotting in the paper that Manhattan would be projected later that night. Considering that I'm a huge Woody Allen fan, and Manhattan being one of his films that I admire most, it was breath taking to watch the film (FINALLY!) on a big screen projected from the original reel.

That is the purpose of a museum, and especially for one so modern in its content and theme, to educate of the past and glimpse at the future, all under the same room of family entertainment.  

No comments:

Post a Comment