Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Museum of the Moving Image- Historical Innovation

The exhibits at the Museum of The Moving Image demonstrated innovation and true creativity. It is quite ironic to note that although I am a media studies major, I never visited the museum prior to the assignment. With that being said, I found the exhibition on "Lights, Camera, Astoria!" quite informative especially because it allowed me to appreciate the art of filmmaking much more. It was interesting to see history of filmmaking being told in a visually creative way. In addition to that, I also truly loved learning that the shows and movies I grew up watching or happened to stumble upon, have its roots in the Astoria studio. The film stills were intriguing in that it revealed that although the technological advances in media production have evolved, compositions or the way in which a shot is composed, remains fairly the same. I loved experiencing how much thought and elements go into creating images and although I am somewhat thrilled that we have all these advances in moving images, I wish that the cameras used during older periods of time were still used. I think that if a show or movie were to use those cameras to shoot their film, there would be quite a positive effect on the audience and viewers and create a level of appreciation for all things film.



No comments:

Post a Comment