Friday, October 4, 2013

Artist Statement - Alexandra David


       Ever since I was little I wish a machine existed where I could wear a helmet and it would translate my thoughts and visions for me into media like movies and pictures that I still have little skill yet to draw. Unfortunately this machine probably won't come into existance until the next century, but the computer makes a wonderful subsitute.

       Like an inverted universe fitted in a cyber space, I've spent the majority of my adolescence, exploring the world within computers, from the net to various art and media programs such as photoshop, game maker, blender, sculptypaint and movie maker. Over these years my computer was much like my space ship and the internet was the frontier I explored (and even fought malicious E.T.'s like spyware), to discover the plethora of programs that I could grow comfortable with making art with.

       I don't exactly consider myself an artist, but someone like the millions of other individuals on the internet; who is constantly seeking ways to express themselves through various mediums. Maybe thats what an artist is, but I guess it will take much more experience until I feel comfortable with what I produce to the point where I can consider myself an artist.

       -by Alexandra David

No comments:

Post a Comment