Saturday, October 5, 2013

Rocky's Artist Statement


Considering a Graphic Design as major was the first step I took a few years ago when I used to live in Mexico. I was never very good at drawing but it was not bad, I just needed practice, time and patience to achieve that picture, drawing or idea that was in my mind. Sometimes I have so many ideas about what I would like to create, and others time where my mind is blank. I learned from the old school, where I had to capture an idea on paper, then after several sketches or drafts, the digitalization begins. Two semesters I was doing that, now here in a different country I want to use those techniques I learned such as painting in watercolor, oil, pencil, chalk and so on, to become a graphic designer, and finally get more involved with the technology we got for the creation and distribution of media.

I would like to be involved in television or film productions. Being part of something that will never go away, advertising and any kind of media. As long as there are consumers and viewers out there media will be alive. To learn even more how to get into the mind of consumers, and what they want or seek.

I have been always interested in media and advertising, and always seeing everything around me like a big poster or flyer, a movie scene when someone is arguing or holding hands and a music video when I run into musicians in the subway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment