Friday, October 4, 2013

Artist Statement

Creating art stems from the artists questions. No matter the medium an artist is always poising a question to their audience. The artist then attempts to answer that question through their art. Regardless of what the artist may have felt, their answer becomes irrelevant when the audience is confronted by the same question. Every individual will have a different answer about what they think an artist meant when creating a certain piece, but the truth is they're attempts at explaining the artists intentions are their own perception of that piece. Essentially, making and appreciating art is a subjective experience.

Using the visual medium I will construct realities to attempt to answer some of life's questions, mysteries, and perspectives. By forcing an audience into a certain perspective you can manipulate how they perceive a certain character or place. I plan to take more control over the perception of my art. I want my audience to feel what I felt when I made my art. Using visual ques paired with video manipulation I will take control back as an artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment