Friday, October 4, 2013

Artist Statement


Love. I love everything and everything fascinates me, why should there be a limit? Luckily there are no limits of mediums through which I can express myself. Clothes are an expression of self and ideas just as much as writing. Dance and photography can convey emotion and so can a film. I indulge in all aspects of expression.

In the abyss of the things I love. The past floats on top. The time before me. So I tend to be drawn to anything nostalgic. Whatever is present today builds on the past, so it is something important to appreciate. Indian culture captivates and surprises me even though I've been a part of it my whole life. It runs far back into history, and so much of it still survives despite progression and westernization. Bollywood movies. Colorful Sarees. Music. Urdu Poetry. Classical dance. The changing of languages every few kilometers. Cuisine. Architecture. Busy streets. Traditions. All snapshots of my culture. Appreciation of life and other cultures started with appreciating my own.

Art is enjoyment therefore I enjoy life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment