Friday, October 18, 2013

I forgot about the artist statement...

Oops! Sorry...

Jenna Danneberger Artist Statement

I like layers and texture. This is how I've always painted, building up textures and painting on top of paintings. Bright colors and big canvases. Each piece may have several paintings hidden underneath, stories rewritten over and over again. They may not all be seen but the depth and richness of each piece comes through.
This is how I will approach film making, or any art for that matter, I want to take my time with each project. Layering and layering, interlacing stories and building a richness and a depth. I want to show texture and grit.
One of my paintings:
As for film, my focus is documentary. I am really inspired by the work of Errol Morris, Albert and David Maysles, and Werner Herzog. I like the narrative elements they use and the build up of characters. I want to make films that allow people to really open up and show their true colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment