Friday, October 11, 2013

Sara'a Artist Statement

My work attempts to convey social and political ideas and information in a way that the reader can connect with. In an age of such fast paced media, where there are so many competing sources of information, it can be difficult for the public to actually digest and process what they are taking in. I hope that through narrative journalism I can help give meaning to the world around us.
            Stories are not merely fiction. Story telling can be used to convey facts as well. Human beings think and live in their own stories, we all have our own personal narratives of our lives. This connection with narratives gives stories a power. A well told story allows us to do more than read and take in information; it gives us a way to understand and process facts. I want to put the news of every day events into context painting a meaningful bigger picture. I hope that through a sort of narrative journalism I can do this, that I can make facts meaningful to the human mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment