Friday, October 4, 2013

Artist Statement

If by manipulating images, producing something in my own reality or perhaps my own fantastical world, and have that be called media, and have the title of “Media Maker”, I suppose I could call myself an artist. I yearn for the pieces that I generate, to be a reflection of my self.  I want the media examples and videos that I produce, to be a canvas of creativity, wonder, and mystery. I love exposing the sensual dark but explicit nature of our society, and revealing those aspects in film, will be my motivation. I can recall watching vintage footage and montages and being utterly fascinated by them. The lighting, the script, the character analysis, are all great components of film, but the creativity is what I desire most. I want for those who view my work to feel the imaginative process even though they might not necessarily understand what my intentions were. Media offers such a level of freedom to those who not only produce it but also observe it. I clearly want to enlighten people with the intricacies of my work, but I do not want my productions to be perceived as pretentious and repetitive. My media will offer other interpretations of what is aesthetically pleasing and acceptable, by still maintaining the subject or subjects integrity. As a media maker, I will tell my story.

No comments:

Post a Comment