Friday, November 8, 2013

Duncan G Artist Statement


Duncan Glaser
Artist Statement

My background as an artist is in graffiti. What began as reckless thrill seeking eventually developed into a fine tuned craft, which I still am constantly striving to improve. Though I no longer create my art in the streets, they remain in the essence and soul of my art.
            I am a student at Hunter College studying emerging media. Right now I’m focusing on a diverse group of media production subjects and techniques. By developing a wide range of skills and knowledge of the subjects I hope to find a more specific focus of direction with which to take my career and work as an artist.
            I am currently studying Web Design, Game Programming, Audio and Video Production, and Physical computing Interactive Installations.  Working with an array of programs like Photoshop, Final Cut, Processing, Unity 3D, and Max/Msp, I have just breached the surface of a vast world of options for creating digital media.
            My recent projects have been trying to tie together these two worlds of digital media with street art. It is a challenge to recreate the graffiti as more than just an art form but also as an experience. My ultimate goal is to successfully translate and communicate my graffiti background into a digital medium while maintaining as much of the spirit and experiential elements as possible.
             

No comments:

Post a Comment