Thursday, November 14, 2013

MoMI Trip


I enjoyed the field trip to the Museum of Moving Image.  Although I missed, much of the guided tour, I learned a lot about the early beginnings of film, the technology that is used, as well as the long and complex process that goes into creating a film.
I thought it was fascinating learn about the first cameras that were used to create videos.  Although the size of the cameras didn't surprise me, the complicated process to use these cameras made me wonder if it was worth going through all of that trouble to create videos that were extremely short videos.  

My favorite part of the guided tour was the rotating stop animation display.  It was a great breakdown and explanation of how with manipulation of light and figures, you can create a stop animation sequence. After the guided tour, I looked at the interactive exhibits that were scattered throughout the museum.
I looked at three interactives that go into depth about certain aspects of a film, they were the voice over, foley artist, and stop animation.  The voice over interactive demonstrated how audio could be inserted into film and video, while the foley artist interactive demonstrated the same but with how scenes can be impacted by the choice of sounds the artist picked.  The last interactive that I looked at was the stop motion interactive, which had a camera overhead to capture the scenes that I would create over a place mat with a background, illustrating how to create a stop motion sequence.  The trip to the museum was quite informative, and I am planning to visit again in the near future.  

No comments:

Post a Comment